I am a Licensed Professional Counselor and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. I specialize in individual, couples, and family psychotherapy.
I have over thirty years experience as a clinician. Most of this experience has been in a private practice setting in Dallas, Texas. I have also performed part-time work in hospital and agency settings from time to time.
I see a broad spectrum of clients. Each week about fifty percent of my clients are individual adults from all walks of life. Another quarter of my practice consists of couples with the last twenty-five percent being families and children.
I am trained to think developmentally. This means that instead of searching out pathology, I look for missing skills and patterns of behavior that have developed over time that are problematic. I am practical and efficient. I want you to feel better quickly and to function as well as possible while we do our work.
- University of Virginia, BA
- University of North Texas, M.Ed
- Internship at the Salesmanship Club of Dallas
- Advanced Training with Judith Wallerstein on divorcing families
- Continuing Education addressing a variety of issues on an ongoing basis
- Regular case consultation with Dr. Terry Parsons
- Collaborative Interdisciplinary Basic Training with Collaborative Divorce Texas
- Additional training in the Professional Mental Health Neutral role with Honey Sheff PhD
- Regular attendance at the State Bar of Texas Collaborative Divorce Conference
Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Clinical Member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Member Collaborative Divorce Texas